Professional Development & Training Solutions
Finding quality professional development courses is hard. GBS makes it easy! Our Board Certified Behavior Analysts are uniquely qualified to present on a wide variety of topics. We take the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis and use them to help teachers and paraprofessionals ways to better deal with modern day challenges in the classroom. From challenging behaviors to social skills in the wake of COVID-19, our skilled staff can handle it all.
Professional Development programs can be completely customized to suit the needs of your school district. Whether you are looking for a single day or a series, our BCBAs are able to address common classroom concerns from a compassionate and analytic standpoint. We are also uniquely qualified to provide PD for paraprofessionals! Many of our behavior therapists work, or have worked, in a classroom. We understand the importance of these front line workers, and particularly enjoy helping them thrive!
- Fun and Joy: Simple Classroom Management Strategies that Will Change Your Classroom
- Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT): Enter the Matrix
- Purposeful Parenting
- Purposeful Teaching
- Behavior Plan Development and Implementation
- But WHY are they doing that? Understanding Why Challenging Behavior Occurs and Strategies to Reduce/Replace It
- Reducing the Need for Restraints and Seclusion
- Treating Control Issues: When Control is More Reinforcing Than Anything
- Closing the Skill Gap: Skill Acquisition Program Development and Implementation
- “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better:” Current research based strategies
- Feedback and Behavior Skills Training: To Eat the Sandwich or Not?
- Feeding, Sleeping, & Toileting: Building a Strong Foundation
- Fostering Independence: Putting Ourselves Out of a Job by Decreasing
- Prompt Dependency
- Prompts and Prompt Fading
- The Use of Activity Schedules and Scripts to Promote Language and Independence
ABA Assessments, Data Collection, and Treatment Protocols
- Beyond Skills Assessments: Programming for People with Level 1 Autism
- Datapalooza! Improving Data Collection in the Classroom
- Group collaboration and trouble shooting for PFA/SBT implementation
- Implementing Skills Assessments to Create More Meaningful Programming and IEP Goals
- Training on Individual Assessment Tools: VB-MAPP, PEAK, EFL, AFLS
- Autism Social Skills Profile
- Practical Functional Assessment & the Skill Based Treatment
- Program Design, Development, and Implementation
- Programming for and Assessing Generalization
- RBT Training and Supervision
- Support and Collaboration with BCBAs
- Tolerance Training and the Skill-Based Treatment Protocol
What is Purposeful Teaching?
Purposeful Teaching is a teacher training program designed by Graham Behavior Services based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. This program provides teachers with the structure to troubleshoot potential problems in their classrooms using research based interventions. Teachers will be shown positive teaching techniques to help increase positive behaviors, skill acquisition goals, and decrease challenging behaviors. The strategies presented will help teachers make decisions that respect your students, rebuild your classroom relationships, and empower you to embrace the goals and values that embody your school district.
For programs that want to increase the skill set of their paraprofessionals, we also offer a 40 hour RBT course. Run by one of our Board Certified Behavior Analysts, this course covers all of the information needed for participants to be on their way to taking the RBT exam. Staff are empowered to learn and improve while gaining a valuable certification. This course can be offered to small or large groups.